More than 130,000 students apply for Canada Student Visa every year. In addition to this number are many more candidates that apply for Canada Study Visa to learn English or French languages. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools.
The provinces regulate education in colleges and schools in Canada. For more detailed information on living and studying in a specific province or territory, contact the school/ college where you wish to study or GM Immigration Consultants person for updated information about Student Visa.
Canada Student Visa is under the complete jurisdiction of the provinces and territories (States) and as such, there is no Federal (Central) education system in Canada. In keeping with the national commitment to education, public education in Canada is free up to and including secondary school (12th Standard), in all the provinces. At the post-secondary level, institutions are divided into community colleges and universities. A significant number of university graduates attend college upon completion of their degree in order to acquire vocational skills for employment.
CANADA SDS PROGRAM
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program which replaced SPP & Non-SPP Category is a program that will speed up the processing for the full-time studies attending universities and colleges in Canada for Indian students. The SDS Program is supported by Scotia bank, a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotia bank will provide eligible students with an opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
SDS Program Requirements
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP;
2. An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years;
3. Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia bank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
4. Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
5. Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
Advantages of applying under SDS
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
Streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
• Less financial documentation.
• Faster visa processing time.
CANADA STUDY VISA PROCESS
- Educational documents like 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s certificate (if applicable).
- IELTS TRF
- Experience Letter (If applicable)
- Credit card details (If applicable)
– For any Under Graduate course – Overall 6 no less than 6.0 (in any module), some institutes do accept 6.0 no less than 5.5 even.
– To apply for Masters/ Post graduate course – Overall 6.5 no less than 6 (in any module)
– TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language )
– IELTS (International English Language Testing System )
– PTE (Pearson Test of English)
No, if you are applying under SDS category then funds are not required. In case of General/ University Category, funds are required in some.
Yes, work right is 20 hours per week.
Yes, post study work is available for 2 years, if the student have program of 2 or more years & PSW is of 1 year if student opts for 1 year course.